Friday, July 11, 2014

The EZKeyer

AAØZZ EZKeyer II


After looking around for a external keyer to be used with my K1, I decided on the AA0ZZ EZKeyer from the Four State QRP Group.  

It was a very easy and quick build.  The instructions for both the build and operation are great.  Works fine with the K1.

For me, the features that caught my eye were the three memories (with more space than I anticipate using), the easy and quick speed change and the miserly battery consumption.  

I decided to package  my EZKeyer in an Altoids tin - like several of my other projects - and here's the result:


Adapting the Altoids tin was a lot more time consuming than using the very clever enclosure that is supplied with the kit.   Knowing what I know now, I would have built the supplied enclosure.



Also, as the battery life will approach the battery shelf life, I would have just soldered up a battery pack - and saved buying the 3xAAA holder.  No switch is supplied or needed except for a hard reset.

Recommended.

cln - Nick
WB5BKL


No comments:

Post a Comment